MENA Regional Centre for Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency
The two reports for NREA/Danida/KfW from 2007, co-authored with Dr. Burghard Claus and with the assistance of Bothayna Rashed, provided the foundations for the establishment of RCREEE through the Cairo Declaration of January 2008:
- “Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) for MENA-countries – Demand Study” and
- “Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) for MENA-countries – Feasibility Study“
Cambodia Rural Electrification Fund
The manual for the establishment of the “Cambodia Rural Electrification Fund” prepared in 2003 for the Ministry of Industry, Mines and Energy/World Bank led to the creation of the REF two years later. It has three volumes:
- “Cambodia REF Vol 1 Governance“details the organisational set-up and founding decrees,
- “Cambodia REF Vol 2 procedures” details the operational procedures and
- “Cambodia REF Vol 3 subsidies” presents in an analytical manner the subsidy principles to the followed by the fund.
Commercialisation of power company in Latvia
“Energoremonts Privatisation” describes the commercialisation and privatisation experience of “Energoremonts”, an O&M entity, which was divested in 1993 from its mother company, the Latvian national power enterprise Latvenergo, and turned into a joint venture with a foreign company, ABB.